Results

search

Custom Search

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Diet Week One Done July 13th - 6 lbs lost

I absolutely hate my new diet. I have lost six pounds in six days and two inches off my mid-section. You would think I would be thrilled. Not so much. At one time, I thought a modified vegetarian diet had challenges but nothing compares to the rare tribulation of eating a raw diet.
Today, I had a banana, a slice of sprouted wheat and flax bread toasted with soy butter, salad with lettuce, tomato, and squash, homemade olive oil and unfiltered apple vinegar dressing, grapes, watermelon, peach, cherries, slice of whole milk cheese, steamed leaks with pea pods, celery, seasoned with unrefined sea salt and a gallon of water. I am hungry. Hungry doesn’t quite describe it. I WANT FOOD!
I stayed home today so I could graze whenever I wanted. Yesterday, I left the safety of home and ended up at Jack-in-the-Box sucking down a strawberry smoothie because Jamba Juice was two blocks too far for me to go for sustenance. I am hungry.
Eve walked in the Garden of Eden past the Tree of Knowledge and that devilish snake. She stopped. “What is that heavenly scent?” she asked the serpent.

“Oh that,” he hissed. “Just my breath.”

“Really? It smells good.”

“I just had some brownies.”

“Brownies? What are brownies.”

“Oh just something you can whip up in the kitchen with the proper recipe.”

“Kitchen? Recipe?” Eve looked confused but intrigued.

“Sorry. I shouldn’t bring it up. This information you can find only from the Tree of Knowledge. I won’t mention it again.”

Eve’s face reddened. “I hope you won’t,” she said and stomped off into the Garden.

The next day Eve walked the exact same trail she had walked the previous morning.

“Good day, Eve,” said the serpent.

“Oh,” Eve stopped and drew in her breath. “Hello. I didn’t see you there.

What,” she paused, “What is that scent?”

“That? French onion soup with bread and Swiss cheese melted over the top.”

Eve did not what most those words meant – not melted, soup, bread, cheese, Swiss or French. She really didn’t care so much for the words but the smell wafting her direction. She bent down. Her nose sniffed close to the serpent’s tongue. Her mouth watered for no discernable reason. She felt well excited like the first time she had touched something cold.

“Tomorrow? Will you be here tomorrow?” she asked.

“No, sorry, I must be on the other side of the Garden tomorrow. A reptile meeting.”

Eve looked around as if she could see some way to hold the creature. She could not think of one single thing to do.

Then the serpent said, “I will be gone tomorrow but the Tree of Knowledge will be here all day. Eat the fruit and you will know what I know.” Having said all that was needed to be said the serpent left Eve alone.
As I said, I am hungry. I know that I feel better than I felt for months. My clothes are fitting. I have learned that eating meat with starches causes indigestion and gas, water can shed pounds, and it is possible to give up sugars without craving them. Knowing all that I miss food. I am sticking with the program for my husband’s health and mine. Wish me luck!

God Bless You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is welcome.